We empower stakeholders to achieve greatness, free from traditional compromises and restrictions.
At The Cusp Of A New Era
We launched 23 Capital in 2014, at the cusp of a new financial era in the sports, music, entertainment, lifestyle sectors. A time where industry and technological advances, such as digital streaming and competition for broadcasting rights, were providing organisations, brands and individuals new and lucrative opportunities to capitalise on their talent and IP.
A Historically Underserved Sector
But whilst these sectors were well positioned to leverage their talent, many lacked the access to institutional markets and the traditional financing needed to fund these commercial endeavors. And those willing to provide finance lacked the sector expertise to keep up with the fast changing landscape and complex financial demands required to meet their clients needs.
A Groundbreaking Proposition
23 Capital was built on the belief that these businesses should have access to a higher standard of specialist financing than that experienced by other sectors. We set out to fill this gap by leveraging our unique depth of knowledge to provide clients with a fairer, and more intelligent solution to capital that recognises the full value of their assets.
$1.2 billion deployed and counting…
2017 - Present
- Significant equity raise from a global financial institution
- Increased committed capital from a global bank
- Completed a $120m non-recourse facility for an iconic sports brand
- Structured a creative capital solution for a digital fan club with leading global sports stars
$500 million deployed since inception
- Secured a $375m facility with a globally recognised financial institution
- Increased balance sheet accessibility >$1 billion
- Expanded business verticals to sports, music, entertainment and lifestyle
- New partnership with globally recognised financial institution
- Active pipeline of >$1 billion across 85 deal
$200 million deployed since inception
- The world’s first securitisation deal of structured receivables
- Financial services partnerships increased to 20+ partners
- Business verticals expanded to include entertainment
- Completed first entertainment deal monetising IP rights for a global immersive exhibition
$1m in equity and $100m of transactional capital
- Deal 1 – European football €24m
- Accessible transactional capital increased to $200m
- Expanded business verticals from football to include sport and music
- Completed first music rights deal
'Open, willing to listen. I find them nimble - they are able to make decisions in a short period of time, versus a bank.'
Entertainment business management client
'If I had to describe them it would be - smart and smooth.'
European football client
'The deals are turned around quickly - not months of due diligence and not small numbers either - these are deals that are getting done.'
Global brand IP client
'It’s a partnership. We’re using 23 Capital to realise commercial opportunities for our clients from day one.'
Global brand IP client
'23 Capital are structured and robust like a major yet efficient, nimble and creative like an independent.'
Music publishing client
Don’t Wait For Opportunity, Create It
We’re curious, we always listen and we are driven to know everything there is to know about our industry and our clients. This attention to detail opens up endless possibilities, beneficial to all parties.
Not Just Now, But Next
Whilst never compromising on the operational excellence and execution of today, we’re constantly aware of how these sectors are evolving and therefore adapt our solutions to meet the needs of our clients.
Go Beyond What’s Expected
We’re entirely committed to the highest standards of governance. Everything we do, we do with the highest level of rigour and care, from assessing and structuring risk to delivering for our clients.
Take The Work Seriously, Not Yourself
Whilst we work with professionalism, our atmosphere is casual. We understand the value of a healthy culture and though we want our work to be challenging, we want the challenge to be fun.
When They Win, Everyone Wins
Be it the business, our employees, or our partners - when our clients succeed we all succeed. We approach every relationship as a partnership, working with empathy and understanding, never letting ego or individual achievement get in the way of our collective success.